12.22.2009

All Things Christmas Pageant.

Oh, it's Christmas Pageant Time. Our fifth one and hey, my second one as eh gads, (informal) Director.

There's truly not too much to direct when you have talent like this at your fingertips. Note the expressions, yeah, method acting for sure.

Kata and Bella are on the far left (above picture). But, look at all the angels and stars. They are the youngest ones in the Pageant and truly my favorites. Shhh, don't tell the others.

Alex for the second year in a row, begged to play "the bad guy" - King Herod. Hey, he knew the Director, right?


Last minute instructions to the angels to "use your pretty, fluttery wings". Yes, that's me demo-ing the perfect angelic wave. My skating coach would be proud of that extension.

This is where I get a little emotional because you can't fake showmanship and our Kata has it. She loves being in the spotlight and on stage.

King Herod's Big Moment. He points out The Star and directs the Three Wiseman. For me, this just doesn't get any better.

When I get a moment to reflect on all the stress that December brings and then I see pictures like this, well, it's all worth it in the end. Isn't it?

Wishing you a moment of reflection. A chance to put things in perspective and to realize that it was worth the effort.

No comments: