6.03.2008

All Things Holy Cow.

A conversation between Bella and her Mama-

"Bella, what would you like for your birthday?"

A cow.

"What kind of cow?"

A black and white one.

"Where can I find a cow like that?"

At the farm.

----------------------------------------------------------------

This conversation has been going on for the last month. I figured with a few days left until her birthday, I better locate the requested cow. So, I put a plan into action...and hit the web.

Fortunately, a nice lady by the name of Beanne at Lattin Farms in Fallon (yes, it's a one hour drive) answered her phone and informed me that they are officially closed until next week when they open for Farmer's Market and the Pick Your Own patch.

But when I relayed to her my motherly plight, she told us to come on down on Friday. And Bella could see the 5 day old baby goats and the chickens and pick her own lettuce and spinach...and yes, there may be a cow in the pasture.

Now how many of you think that Bella will want us to take a cow home?? To our planned, gated, suburban neighborhood?? Yes, you can see the post and the tears from both of us coming, can't you?

Anyway, if someone can tell me where I can find a plush toy cow, that too, would be helpful.

Wishing you a Holy Cow moment, cross your fingers for mine.

No comments: