1.29.2008

All Things More.

More snow...more time to do nothing...more channels on our newly hooked up satellite...more snuggles on the old faded couch...more....more...more.

We're officially Off Track now until the last week of February...when Alex resumes school again. I have a love/hate relationship with this year round/multi-track school schedule. I love that we have some time off during the year...like all of June and October...those are nice, happy, still-can-play-outside months...but then comes February (we tracked off a week earlier this year)...and all of its have-to-stay-inside-its-way-too-cold weather...


I know that ultimately, we will somehow barrel through the month and wonder how fast it all went by...but right now at the very beginning...officially Day 2 of his break...its a little hard to adjust to having Alex home...it's a whole new energy level we're not used to...he keeps sighing and I know he's missing the rhythm of school...

I caught him today walking around the house mumbling, "Is this what you do when I am in school?"...yes, Bubby, I run never-ending errands and I do chores...much like Cinderella...but without the glass slippers...for they would shatter as I scrub the toilets, clean the tile and run back and forth after your littlest sister begging her to sit on the potty.
So here's to more...more time...more contemplation...more slowing down to really enjoy the process...wishing you more...

No comments: